The humorous and chipper Boston terrier is a muscular, yet compact dog breed that first fought the 1800s in Boston. However, today, this breed is happy indoors with his human friends and enjoys their companion and keeps them happy as well. If you have already thought of getting a Boston terrier puppy home, then one should take many factors into consideration. Take time to select one. Given below are some instructions to follow.
1. Have patience, and acquire all the knowledge possible about the Boston terrier breed. It is very necessary to know what the character of the dog is and if it suits your family and your home environment. The Boston terrier’s temperament is often determined with his living conditions after he was born. Whether you get the puppy from a pet shop, or a certified breeder or the rescue center, there are some factors you should consider so that you are assured that the one you get home is the original and the best one for your family.
2. If you want the best Boston terrier, then you have to buy the best, and choose taking plenty of time. The local kennel club can also be of help and give you a lot of information about this breed. Also contact some reliable sources when it comes to getting the Boston terrier home.
3. A pet shop is not the best place to buy a Boston terrier puppy, unless the shop has special orders and gets it directly from the kennel, where they are bred. Another point to note is the pet shops do have enough space to raise all the dogs and therefore the puppies raised there may be over-active, arrogant or have bad manners.
4. Whenever you buy a puppy from anywhere you choose, ask a lot of questions about the Boston terrier, like its origin, the name of its parents, the place he was born and so forth. You should also ask about the vaccinations and if he was de-wormed at all. Vaccination certificates and pedigree papers should be checked to check its health.
5. Approach a Veterinarian who can provide you a lot of information regarding the puppy. They can immediately detect any health related issues or defects if any that may have escaped your notice.
6. The right price for the purebred Boston terrier can be around $300 to $1,500 or more for a genetically tested puppy that has registration for breeding.